Pinnacle is South Africa’s leading ICT distribution company built on the foundation of entrepreneurial spirit. We offer our clients a broad range of world-class technology products seamlessly delivered across an expansive footprint. Everything we do is underpinned by our technical expertise, drive and determination – we call it delivering the exceptional.
Pinnacle is an authorised and exclusive distributor for many leading vendors, allowing us to be the first to market the latest technology and ideas available.
We also manufacture products such as the Proline range of PCs, Notebooks, Monitors, Point-of-Sale products, UPS and more – all specifically designed and built to meet the needs and demands of an African market.
As a company built on the foundation of entrepreneurial spirit ‘Delivering the exceptional’ spans across everything we do. We believe that it is our technical expertise, drive and determination that sets us apart and ensures that every delivery takes place exceptionally making Pinnacle Southern Africa’s ICT distributor of choice.
Delivering the Exceptional
Pinnacle’s purpose is to provide world-class ICT products to our customers with superior technical expertise and exceptional delivery.
The philosophy is simple:
Where expertise meets drive and energy exceptional things happen.
Delivering exceptional service
Delivering exceptional products
Delivering exceptional knowledge
Delivering exceptional technology
Delivering exceptional experiences
Delivering exceptional commitment
Delivering exceptional teamwork
Size and Locations
Pinnacle consists of 591 employees of the 2500+ within Alviva Holdings.
Pinnacle’s footprint, scale and size allow our customers to access a broad range of world-class ICT products which we are able to deliver seamlessly throughout all major centres across the country and almost the entire SADC region. Our headquarters are in Midrand and we have branches in Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth and Namibia.
In August 2015 a new SADC business division was established to facilitate our growth north of the border. The hub is headquartered in Midrand where it services and advances Pinnacle’s capacity to sell ICT products in surrounding African countries. Growth continues to take place into Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Angola and Malawi with the long term view being expansion into east Africa, headquartered in Mombasa and servicing the horn of Africa.
We currently have 7 warehouses across Southern Africa including Namibia.
ISO is the International Organisation for Standardisation comprising members from 150 global national standards institutes. ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of excellent quality.
At Pinnacle Midrand, all technical and production divisions have been ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental) certified. Everything from the production line all the way through to implementation, repairs, and warranty as well as the call centre, has been ISO approved for quality and environmental care.
In addition to our ISO standard compliance, all key components used during the manufacturing and repairing process, such has the high performing Proline power supplies, have been SABS tested and approved.
Pinnacle operates as one of the nine trading companies held by Alviva Holdings through DCT Holdings (Pty) Ltd and is now a Level 1 B-BBEE company with 51% black ownership, which comprises of 52.13% black voting rights, 51.03% black economic interest, 42.31% black women economic interest, 42.67% black women voting rights and 30% black women ownership. Alviva Holdings is positioned as a Black Empowered company with a 29.9% share held by Pinnacle Foundation (Pty) Ltd (RF). The 100% beneficiary of the Pinnacle Foundation (Pty) Ltd (RF) is the Pinnacle Foundation Trust. This Foundation Trust was founded by Pinnacle, and its beneficiaries are a 100% black owned.
We are fully committed to encouraging historically disadvantaged resellers and partners by means of support, mentoring and incentives.
Our formal affirmative purchasing policy has resulted in BEE companies becoming the suppliers of important services like logistical support and employee training.
Proline, the pride of Pinnacle
It takes an exceptional approach to deliver the exceptional and while we put the world’s technology in your hands, Pinnacle also manufactures a local range of truly South African products including the extensive Proline range which is specifically designed for the harsh temperatures and dusty conditions of Africa.
Proline offers a range of PCs, Notebooks, Monitors, Point-of-Sale Products, and Power Solutions. These products have been specifically built to meet the needs and demands of the African market. Proline products are extremely well priced and compete at the highest level with all the brands we distribute.
The Proline range is manufactured in a contemporary ISO 9002 certified assembly line capable of producing up to 15 000 units per month. Only Tier 1 and A-grade components are used and all systems are tested with the Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) program to ensure accurate functioning with Microsoft products.
Pinnacle combines a diverse range of world-class technology products and services to complement our manufactured product ranges. Our continually expanding and evolving product range spans the entire breadth of ICT hardware equipment and peripherals. The range includes almost all of the top international brands such as Samsung, Lenovo, Dell, Intel, LG, MSI, HP and Huawei, for example.
Delivering the exceptional means so much more than supplying a broad range of high-quality technology products to our customers.
Enabling our customers to grow their businesses exponentially is at the heart of our entrepreneurial spirit and it is for this reason that we have a highly-skilled group of Product Marketing Specialists and Business Development Managers who assist our resellers and ensure that they are fully equipped and trained to sell the products in their portfolio, exceptionally.
Pinnacle also boasts a well-rounded end to end service to our clients' thanks to a number of important value-added services we offer. While our focus is strongly on traditional ICT distribution, we have grown our portfolio to include value-added services in the ICT Infrastructure, Point-of-Sale, Enterprise Mobility and Life Safety & Security industries.
Life Safety & Security - PinnSec
With Pinnacle Security Solutions (PinnSec), Pinnacle brings exceptional distribution to the Life Safety & Security industry.
Adding to Pinnacle’s already vast array of superior products; Pinnsec acts as a specialised Supplier and Design / Marketing Support centre for a range of world-class CCTV, Public Address, Evacuation, Access Control, Fire Detection and Gas Suppression products.
PinnSec provides top-notch solutions for small- to high-end applications in the banking, commercial, education, government, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, mining, retail, sport, transportation and other related industries.
View the Pinnsec catalogue
ICT Infrastructure - Datanet
Datanet services the ICT Infrastructure market, offering a complete product portfolio and comprehensive national support service. Datanet’s range of high-quality products, combined with its commitment to service excellence, has placed it at the forefront of its field in Southern Africa.
Datanet supplies ICT infrastructure products which include structured cabling solutions, racking systems, purpose-built electronic enclosures and also complementary infrastructure products such as media converters, optical fibre CCTV and co-axial products for telecommunication and data infrastructure solution
View Datanet catalogue
Enterprise Mobility & Point-of-Sale - PinnPos
PinnPos is a specialised Point-of-Sale technology division of Pinnacle, with a focus on the technology used for improving business productivity in the retail, logistics, manufacturing and other supply chain-related industries.
Under the Proline brand, PinnPos also distributes data capture terminals, Point-of-Sale hardware and Large Format Displays.
PinnPos also represents leading international vendors of industrial label printers, bar code scanners and rugged mobile computers used for Enterprise Mobility. PinnPos has a sales and technical team with specialist knowledge in the Point-of-Sale, printing, bar code scanning and data capture industries and provides sales and support to a large reseller base that focuses on this market.
Who are we equipped to supply?
Pinnacle is geared to deliver the exceptional through our ability to fulfil the requirements of all ICT customers ranging from sole proprietors to prominent commercial, industrial and government users.
We are a channel-centric organisation with the exception of supplying to tertiary institutions (only client product). We consequently do not supply products and services to basic education.
Pinnacle’s resellers are spread across Southern Africa – quite literally from Struisbaai in the South all the way to Windhoek in the North, and from Springbok in the far West to Richards Bay on the East Coast – and everywhere in between.
We currently have a reseller base of approximately 12000 active resellers who cover a large spectrum of size and speciality ranging from the largest national and international IT companies to smaller niche vertical market specialists.
The mass retail team supplies our products to large national chain stores such the JD Group (Incredible Connection, HiFi Corporation etc.), Makro and Game, and we address the growing lower LSM sector of the market with competitively priced offerings. The channel also consists of computer dealers who sell to businesses and NGOs at all levels. The retail team also supplies our products to popular online national retailers.
Approximately 300 resellers and implementation partners attend to the needs of the Government sector. We work with very closely with these implementation partners and resellers to ensure that clients in the Government Sector are effectively serviced.
Pinnacle works with over 150 National Government Departments in all nine provinces across South Africa. We also distribute to nearly 300 Provincial and Local Government Departments – again, spanning all nine provinces.
Our Direct Contracts include transversal, outright purchase, rental seat and management contracts service National, Provincial and Local Government departments as well as Government Agencies and Parastatals.
We are a channel-centric organisation and the only exception to this is where we supply to tertiary institutions (only client product). We consequently do not supply products and services to Basic Education.
Who are our customers?
Our products cover every level of economic enterprise in Southern Africa. Central government departments, banks, state-owned enterprises, and organisations in the mining, manufacturing, finance and retail sectors are all customers of our channel partners. Pinnacle’s circulated technologies are used by NGOs, schools, families, stores, and religious organisations.
Awards and Achievements
Our passion for delivering the exceptional is reflected in the awards and achievements we have received:
- Channelwise 2023 - Best Unified Communications Distributor
- Nutanix 2023 - Distributor of the Year
- Nutanix 2023 - Distribution Technical Rock Star
- Commvault 2023 Distributor of the Year
- Huawei 2023 Commercial Partner of the Year
- 2022 Dell Technologies Partner Program - Excellence in Marketing
- 2022 HP Distributor of the Year
- 2022 HP Distribution - Highest Growth
- 2022 HP Distributor of the Year - Retail
- 2022 HP Distribution BU Manager of the Year
- Channelwise 2022 Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2022 Distributor of the Year - Components and Accessories
- Channelwise 2022 Distributor of the Year - End User Devices
- Channelwise 2022 Distributor of the Year - Networking (Datanet)
- Commvault 2022 Distributor of the Year
- Hikvision 2021 Best Growth National Distributor
- Channelwise 2021 Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2021 Distributor of the Year – Components & Accessories
- Channelwise 2021 Distributor of the Year – Security
- Channelwise 2021 Distributor of the Year – End User Devices
- Channelwise 2021 Distributor of the Year - Networking
- Infinidat 2021 Distributor of the Year - EMEA
- Lenovo IDG Service Partner of the Year FY20/21
- Nutanix Superior Back-End Support 2020
- Nutanix Superb Technical Guru Enhancing the Channel 2020
- Lenovo Commercial Deal of the Year FY19/20
- 2020 Channelwise Award – Datanet, Cabling Partner of the Year
- Nutanix Rockstar awards 2020 - Superior Back-end Support - Richard Lace
- Nutanix Rockstar awards 2020 - Superb technical guru enhancing the channel - Johan Lotter
- Lenovo 2020 Commercial Deal of the Year
- Huawei 2019 Capability Partner of the Year
- DellEMC 2018 Regional Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2018 Consumer Electronics Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2018 Datanet- Cabling Distributor of the year
- Huawei 2018 5 Star CPS Award for Network Energy
- Huawei 2017/2018 Presales Capability Partner of the Year
- Channelwise 2017 Consumer/SME Distributor of the year
- Channelwise 2017 End User Computing Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2017 Servers, Storage and Networking/SME Distributor of the year
- Channelwise 2017 Printers, Peripherals and Consumables Consumer/SME Distributor of the year
- Alcatel Lucent 2017 Alcatel Lucent Accredited Enterprise Distributor
- Aten Best Performance Outsourcing Sales and Promotion
- Intel 2017 Technology Provider Platinum Status
- Microsoft 2017 Highest Business Growth in MEA Region (Devices)
- Huawei 2017 5 Star CPS Award for Network Energy
- Proline 2017 HTXT. Africa Gear of the Year Award- Best Business UPS
- Seagate 2017 EMEA Consumer Award
- Huawei 2016 Certified Service Partner: IT
- Channelwise 2016 Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2016 Components/SME Distributor of the Year
- Lenovo 2016 End User Computing Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
- Lenovo Distributor for the FY 2015/2016
- Lenovo 2015/2016 Brand Ambassador of the Year FY 2015/2016
- Lenovo Best Premier Product Distributor of the Year FY 2015/2016
- Lenovo Transactional Distributor of the Year FY 2015/2016
- Channelwise 2015 Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2015 Components/Consumer SME Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2015 End User Computing Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
- Channelwise 2015 Printers, Peripherals and Consumables Consumer/SME Distributor of the Year
In an effort to improve our customer service and keep on Delivering the Exceptional, Pinnacle has introduced a complaints mailbox. If you have any complaints regarding orders, stock, customer service or any other Pinnacle related issues, please feel free to email them through to [email protected]
Please remember to include as much detail as possible.